What a night for the Rangers
The Texas Rangers baseball club, that is.
Courtesy of FranX, the Official Retrophisch™ Statistician, here’s the low-down on the massive 16-4 victory tonight over the Cleveland Indians:
Posted by retrophisch at August 17, 2004 11:58 PM
- Nathan “Buck” Showalter records his 700th victory as a manager.
- Mark Teixeira is the second Ranger to hit for the cycle. The first was Oddibe McDowell in 1985, also against the Indians. (The cycle, for those who may not know, consists of getting at least one each in a single game: a single, a double, a triple, and a home run.)
- Teixeira’s triple was his first of the season.
- Teixeira had the first four-hit game of his career.
- Gary Matthews, Jr. hit his 10th homer of the year. That makes 10 Rangers players with at least 10 homeruns — matching the major league record last set by Cincinnati and Baltimore in 2000.
- Teixeira saw a career-high of seven RBIs.
- Kevin Mench was a triple shy of the cycle.